The Holmes Harbor Rod and Gun Club is a friendly, recreational and social club offering fantastic shooting facilities, a restaurant, bar, large dining hall, dance floor, and much more. Wedding receptions and other private events can also be hosted at the spacious club facilities. Our members come from all walks of life from across Whidbey Island and points well beyond. Come join us!
Enjoy smoke-free dining in our rustic Pine Tree Room, offering great dining and dancing whether it is during our normal hours, at one of our special events, or even at your private party!
Our huge dance floor has been voted the “Best Dance Floor on the Island” by readers of the South Whidbey Record. The Trophy Room offers a smaller, more intimate setting for your dinner or meetings, but in either case, you’ll enjoy great food and fun at the club. Check out our celebrated prime rib dinners, or call to find out about our daily specials.
The Clubhouse offers dining in the Pine Tree Room or the Trophy Room, and drinks at the Bullwinkle Bar, as well as a huge dance floor, and all are available for private events and parties. Shooting facilities include an archery range, rifle range, pistol range, five action bays, and four shotgun ranges set up for trap, continental trap, skeet, and five stand sporting clays. The Trap Shack offers members and non-members a place to sign up for the various shotgun sports and a selection of shotgun ammunition for sale. We also have ten of the very few RV sites available on South Whidbey for use by our members.
Interested in joining the club? Located on a beautiful site under tall fir trees on Whidbey Island, there is something going on just about every weekend. Dining and social events include the annual Kid’s Fishing Derby, Easter Egg Hunt, regular live music nights, the ever-popular prime rib night, holiday parties, Seahawks events, and the list goes on. Wedding receptions and other private events can also be hosted at the spacious club facilities. For more information, go to our contact and membership information page
Whether you’re a long-time member or have just recently joined, we’re sure you appreciate the array of services available to you as a member. Our ability to offer these valuable services at such a low cost is made possible by the work of our volunteers. As a non-profit organization, most of the work at the club is done by members who volunteer their time and energy to keep everything running smoothly. If you’d like to help, go to our Volunteer Opportunities page for more information
- Whole Enchilada FundraiserOn Saturday March 9th from 5PM to 8PM, the HH Rod & Gun Club will be hosting the Whidbey Homeless Coalition fundraiser. There will be live music by Four+1, a delicious enchilada buffet dinner, and auction items (both live and silent). Tickets are available through the club.
- 2023 Con Delatour Trap ChampionshipOn Saturday September 9th we completed our 2023 shotgun tournament season with our final championship shoot — The Con Delatour Trap Championship. Congratulations to our winner – Terry Leahman! We also extend a huge thank you to our shoot sponsor Bill Paulson. Thank you to every one — our shooter, staff, and spectators — for… Read more: 2023 Con Delatour Trap Championship
- 5-Stand ChampionshipSaturday August 5, 2023 was our 5-Stand Championship Shoot. We had a solid turnout and the crew put together 4 brand new games for the competitors. The games challenged the squads in a variety of ways, but it is safe to say fun was had by all. Congratulations to Terry Lehman — our 2023 5-Stand… Read more: 5-Stand Championship
- 2023 Sporting Clays ChampionshipOn August 5th we will be hosting our 2023 Sporting Clays (5-Stand) Championship. This shoot is open to the public. We are asking shooters to sign-up for a squad with the trap shack clerk prior to the day of the shoot. There is a sign-up/squading sheet and we ask that you pay the $30 registration… Read more: 2023 Sporting Clays Championship
- Ironman Memorial Shoot – The 2023 ZuiderbaanOn Saturday July 1st we’ll be hosting a memorial shoot for a past club president and avid shooter Klaas Zuiderbaan. July 1st – Registration: 10AM / Shooting Begins: 11AM / Cost: $40 Special Ironman Event Rules: Each shooter will be limited to 1 shotgun. Each shooter will be limited to 2 contiguous chokes (for example… Read more: Ironman Memorial Shoot – The 2023 Zuiderbaan